Applications for the 2021-2022 program are open
- Benefits of being a Sustainability Advocate
- Foster a sense of ownership, shared responsibility, and expertise with regard to the College's sustainability commitments
- Make significant sustainability improvements to campus operations
- Participate in meaningful professional development opportunities
- Form personal connections with both students and other Sustainability Advocates
- Expectations of Advocates
- Attend group sustainability trainings over the summer
- Attend occasional one-on-one meetings with the Sustainability Program Manager
- Meet 30 minutes weekly with their liaison Green Advisor throughout the academic year
- Develop and implement a year-long sustainability project
- Share updates on Advocates work at departmental meetings
- Attend additional professional development workshops and Ecosphere campus events as available
- Begin to think more about sustainability in your life and your sphere of influence!
Advocates will be asked to identify small-scale sustainability projects that can be realistically implemented during their time in the program. Part of the goal of training is to equip Advocates with the knowledge and skills to solidify their projects, as well as to identify areas for collaboration with other Advocate/Green Advisor pairs. We ask that applicants come to the program with some idea of what they might want to work on for their department.
- 2021-2022 Application Instructions
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE ON FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2021
Application forms can be found here. Please note that the application is a Google Form and cannot be saved prior to submission. This application will also require you to submit a signed approval from your supervisor confirming their understanding of your Sustainability Advocates commitment (see application form for this secondary document).
Submission of an application is not a guarantee of inclusion in the program. Sustainability Advocates and Green Advisors are matched one-to-one, so we have a cap on the size of the Advocates cohort. You will be notified of your status by several days after the application period closes at the latest.
There are several required trainings during the summer:
- Meet with the Sustainability Program Manager 1:1 to discuss your project in July/August
- Full-day training only for Sustainability Advocates: TBD
- Half-day training training with all Advocates and student Green Advisors: TBD
We recognize that these dates may not work for you due to work or vacation commitments, but our hope is that most applicants would be able to make one of the two full-day trainings that we are offering. It is imperative that the '21-'22 Advocates cohort receives training and meets the Green Advisors before the semester gets into full swing.