Swarthmore College provides learners of diverse backgrounds a transformative liberal arts education grounded in rigorous intellectual inquiry and empowers all who share in our community to flourish and contribute to a better world.
We commit to this mission by:
- Offering a robust, liberal arts curriculum connecting the arts, humanities, natural sciences and engineering, social sciences, and interdisciplinary programs
- Fostering innovative research and creative production and encouraging collaboration among faculty, students, and staff
- Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive residential community that enriches our experiences and expands our worldviews
- Stewarding our resources through intentional daily and long-term sustainability practices, honoring our location on the ancestral land of the Lenni Lenape people
- Creating opportunities for education and growth among faculty, students, staff, and alumni by sharing in the multitude of talents of the College community, exploring the beauty of our natural environment, and actively engaging in the rich cultural diversity of our region and our world
- Committing to peace, equity, and social responsibility, rooted in our founding as a co-educational Quaker institution