The next four years of your life will be a time of incredible intellectual and personal growth. The Student Affairs Division staff facilitate your transition to the Swarthmore College community and your successful journey to graduation. We want to help you take full advantage of the opportunities that you will find here. To that end, the Division Directory will tell you a bit about who we are. You should make particular note of Karen Henry ’87, dean of the first-year class, and Jennifer Marks-Gold, assistant dean and director of the international student programs.
Please read the information on this website, and be sure to complete the required Forms by the deadlines.
On May 18, we emailed information to all new students who are enrolling at Swarthmore for the Fall semester. That info included instructions on how to set up your Swarthmore email account.
Setting up your Swarthmore email account is essential. You should get in the habit of regularly checking your Swarthmore email and using it to ask questions or share concerns. Email is the College’s primary way of communicating with you. If you have a question or can't find what you need here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Fall 2021 Update
On March 5. 2021, President Valerie Smith shared an update about plans for Fall 2021. For more details, please see the message from President Valerie Smith. We expect to return to a primarily in-person residential learning experience for the Fall 2021 semester. We will share more detailed information as soon as we can. For now, here is a general tentative time line:
- Mid-May: We emailed you with info on how to set up your Swarthmore email account and network access, and how to complete new student forms in mySwarthmore - your online hub for student life.
- June 1: Your new student forms (such as the Advising questionnaire) are due in mySwarthmore.
- Late June: Your final high school transcripts are due to the Admissions Office.
- Mid-July: We plan to email you with info on how to complete academic placement exams online.
- Early-mid August: Your academic placement exams are due; housing assignments will be made and shared with you via our Housing Portal in mySwarthmore.
- August 24: New Student Move-In Day.
- Late August: In-person New Student Orientation on campus. Academic advising and course registration.