The next four years of your life will be a time of incredible intellectual and personal growth. The Student Affairs Division staff facilitate your transition to the Swarthmore College community and your successful journey to graduation. We want to help you take full advantage of the opportunities that you will find here. The Division Directory will tell you a bit about who we are. Make particular note of Karen Henry ’87, dean of the first-year class, and Jennifer Marks-Gold, assistant dean and director of the international student programs.
On May 18, we emailed information to all new students who are enrolling at Swarthmore for the Fall semester. That info included instructions on how to set up your Swarthmore email account.
Setting up your Swarthmore email account is essential. You should get in the habit of regularly checking your Swarthmore email and using it to ask questions or share concerns. Email is the College’s primary way of communicating with you. If you have a question or can't find what you need here, please email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Orientation Schedule is live on the Swarthmore App. Please visit the Orientation Schedule website for more detailed information on accessing the guide, as well as other move in information. If you are an International Student, check back on the International Student New Student site for more information in July and August.
Get thinking about your queries
Queries stem from our Quaker tradition and will be four questions shared with you throughout orientation. To give you a preview, this year's Queries are listed below:
- How do I learn about myself in connection with or as a part of a community?
- How do I learn and grow while being integrated into my community
- How will I adjust, grow, and thrive in an ever changing multicultural environment where others’ knowledge and personal experiences may differ from my own?
- Given this time of uncertainty, what have I learned about myself? What have I lost and what have I gained? How can I bring those experiences and perspectives to this new experience?
- How will I connect to others with care and tend to my well being, and can I see asking for help as a strength?