We look forward to welcoming new students to campus. The New Student Orientation schedule will be updated throughout August. For now, we are able to share a timeline for several academic planning pieces of Orientation:
Late July: Online placement exam info sent via email
July 28: Announcement of amended Fall 2020 and January 2021 Course Schedules. Fall 2020 will indicate remote or hybrid. The January 2021 term (J-term) is all remote. Some new courses may be added.
August 10: Deadline to complete online placement exams.
Mid-August: Academic advisor assignment notification via mySwarthmore
August 17-18: placement interviews (conducted via Zoom and phone) with the Spanish Department and Modern Languages and Literatures Department.
August 17-21: online International Student Orientation
August 19-21: online Summer Social Justice Institute
August 21 at 10-11 am EST and 7-8 pm EDT: online info session for prospective Engineering majors with Prof. Matt Zucker (Engineering Department Chair)
August 24-28: New student advising and registration (conducted remotely):
- Monday, August 24 (time and structure to be determined): Virtual Advising Fair, including asynchronous component
- Monday, August 24, and Tuesday, August 25: New Student Advising (new students meet individually and virtually with academic advisors)
- Wednesday, August 26, 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. EDT: Registration for Fall and J-term via mySwarthmore
- Thursday, August 27: Course lotteries
- Friday, August 28: Add/Drop begins for new students using Add/Drop form in mySwarthmore
August 25, 2-3 pm EDT (online): Recepción para Estudiantes, Familias y Amigos LatinX / Reception for LatinX Students, Families and Friends
Tuesday, September 1, 9 am - 4 pm: registered move-in appointments
Wednesday, September 2, 9 am - 4 pm: registered move-in appointments