Orientation is August 29 through September 3. The full schedule will be available closer to the start of Orientation through our Swarthmore app.
Glance at move in day (August 29th):
Residence Hall move in opens at 8am
Student Meet Up at 2:30
Family Welcome at 2:45
Family Farewells at 3:30
Student Orientation Kick Off at 4:30
SUMMER TIME LINE:
We will share more detailed information as soon as we can. For now, here is a general tentative time line:
- Mid-May: We will email you with info on how to set up your Swarthmore email account and network access, and how to complete new student forms in mySwarthmore - your online hub for student life.
- June 1: Your new student forms (like the Advising questionnaire) are due in mySwarthmore.
- Late June: Your final high school transcripts are due to the Admissions Office.
- Mid-July: We plan to email you with info on how to complete academic placement exams online. Housing assignments will be shared with you via our Housing Portal in mySwarthmore.
- Early-mid August: Your academic placement exams are due.
- August 29: New Student Move-In Day.
- August 29 through September 3: In-person New Student Orientation on campus. Academic advising and course registration.