Skip to main content

Transferring Out

The Registrar's Office is happy to help you complete the required forms needed for the transferring out process.

Below are the key parts of the process:

The Transfer College Report

The Swarthmore registrar uses the Common App College Report or the Coalition Application Transfer Report

Please complete the student portion of the report(s) required for the schools in which you are applying to and drop off or email to Our office works with the Student Affairs Division to complete these forms and upon completion we will email them directly to the institutions. The student is required to provide us via email a list of all the schools email addresses for which the report is to be sent.

Timing and deadlines: It can take up to a few days to complete the form since we collaborate with the deans office, we suggest being mindful of this when up against an application deadline.

Transcripts: Transcripts do not need to accompany the College Report or Coalition Report. Follow the directions on the transferring institutions website when submitting a request for a transcript(s) - this will either be an official web paper request via MySwat or an official electronic transcript via the National Student Clearinghouse. Please follow the steps by clicking here.

Mailing: If the institution requires the College Report to be mailed via USPS, please provide our office with self addressed envelopes. 

Transfer Mid-Term Report: Take the Mid-Term Report to each of your faculty for completion. Please note that you will only need one report for all courses. The Registrar's Office does not facilitate this. Submit this report following the instructions listed on the common application.

Request a Permanent Withdrawal: Upon acceptance & your decision to transfer out, complete the required leave/return e-form in mySwarthmore. On the leave/return e-form, indicate the latest possible semester in the "Planned Semester of Return" box and select "Transferring out" as the reason for your departure. 

If you have any questions about this process, please contact