Most course and seminar ADDs:
- e-form: Use the electronic Course ADD e-form located in mySwarthmore/Student Main Menu/Swat e-forms.
- DUO: You will have to DUO into mySwarthmore.
- Patience during approval: After you submit the e-form, wait for departmental approval. All adds must be approved by the department.
- Summer or over break? Yes, you may use the add e-form over the summer or over break. Instructors may take longer to answer.
- VPN from Off-Campus: To access the e-form, you need to be either on campus OR on the VPN into the network. For wifi on campus, use the eduroam wifi for direct access to the network.
DROPs: mySwarthmore/Registration/Add/Drop classes. No form required for dropping.
Check Registration using mySwarthmore, Registration, Student Detail Schedule.
Finish Adding and Dropping in the first week of classes. The second week is for problem resolution. The deadline is the end of the second week of classes, but don't wait to get settled. The Drop deadline is not extended.
- For Fall 2019, the final deadline for add/drop is Friday September 13, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
- After the September 13 Drop deadline and until November 8, 2019, the Course Withdrawal deadline, students can withdraw from a course and get a W on their record. Please use the required course withdrawal form.
Don't see a course listed on the ADD form? Go to the department Administrative Assistant/Coordinator to discuss it.
- Directed Reading, Research, Independent Study, Thesis, or other special courses, see the department.
- For ECON 001, 031, 033 or any 100 level seminar, see the department.
- Course Announcements page.
How to add one course to replace another in your schedule:
- Do the add form to ask the prof to add the new course -- without dropping the old course yet
- Once the add is approved, then drop the other course. You can be registered for both at the same time while that happens. Please drop the other course as soon as reasonably possible.
Credit Limit and Normal Load: The normal load is 4-5 credits. During drop/add, you may register for up to 5 (or more) credits.
- To take more than five credits or fewer than four credits, you must use the Extra or Less form [pdf].
- The 4.5 credit limit is only for pre-registration.
Degree Audit: Check mySwarthmore, Student Information, Degree Audit to see if your courses are fulfilling degree requirements.
Course Audits: If you wish to audit a course, please register for the class then discuss with the Professor/Instructor before the end of add/drop, and if the professor approves, ask them to inform the Registrar's Office.
- After the Add/Drop deadline, you may not change registration from credit-bearing to audit -- to stop taking the class for credit, you have to do a course withdrawal with the permanent grade notation of "W". Any approved auditing after that would be informal and has no bearing on the grade notation.
Advising: If you are making a change to the plan you previously developed, please confer with your advisor. If your advisor is on leave or unavailable, consult your major department or if you don't have a major yet, consult your class dean
Automatic notifications: Advisors and Professors (of both added and dropped courses) are notified automatically
For Credit No Credit declaration: Use the (other) electronic form for that located in mySwarthmore/Registration/Swat e-form/CR/NC.