Most course and seminar ADDs:
- eform: Use the electronic course ADD eform located in mySwarthmore/Student Main Menu/Swat e-forms.
- Patience: Wait for departmental approval. All adds must be approved by the department.
- Off Campus? Use VPN.: To access the form, you need to be either on campus OR on the VPN into the network. For wifi on campus, use the eduroam wifi for direct access to the network.
- Click here for VPN instructions.
If you don't see a course listed on the ADD form, go to the department Administrative Assistant/Coordinator to discuss it.
- Directed Reading, Research, Independent Study, Thesis, or other special courses, see the department.
- For ECON 001, 031, 033 or any 100 level seminar, see the department.
- Course Announcements page.
Audits: If you wish to audit a course, please register for the class then discuss with the Professor/Instructor before the end of add/drop, and if the professor approves, ask them to inform the Registrar's Office.
- After the Add/Drop deadline, you may not change registration from credit-bearing to audit -- to stop taking the class for credit, you have to do a course withdrawal with the permanent grade notation of "W". Any approved auditing after that would be informal and has no bearing on the grade notation.
DROPs: mySwarthmore/Registration/Add/Drop classes. No form required for dropping.
Advising: If you are making a change to the plan you previously developed, please confer with your advisor. If your advisor is on leave or unavailable, consult your major department or if you don't have a major yet, consult your class dean
Automatic notifications: Advisors and Professors (of both added and dropped courses) are notified automatically
Normal load: The normal load is 4-5 credits. To take "Extra or Less Credits", please use the Extra or Less form [pdf].
For CR/NC: Use the (other) electronic form for that located in mySwarthmore/Registration/Swat e-form/CR/NC.