Students typically apply for majors and minors in the middle of the second semester of their sophomore year after they have successfully completed an appropriate amount of work in the department.
- Requirements for the Course Major
- Requirements for the Course Minor
- Requirements for Honors Major and Minor
The following links provide information about how to indicate your interest in a major or minor in the Dept of Math & Stat at the start of the sophomore planning process, and some details about how to actually do the application for this major or minor in the major/minor portal.
- Presentation from Sophomore Plann
ing Meeting: January 2023
- Instructions for filling out the Major/Minor Portal to become a Major or Minor in the Dept of Math & Stat.
NOTE: Much of the information on these pages can also be found in the Swarthmore Course Catalog. The catalog takes precedence if there is conflicting information.
Department Data: course sizes, number of majors (both honors and regular) and so on.