How do I effectively use Clinics?
- You may attend clinic any time while it is in session. When you enter the classroom, simply sign in, have a seat and the clinician will assist you as soon as they are available.
- To make the most of your time at clinic, first try problems on your own and bring any questions you may have to ask the clinician.
- Bring your class notes and text book as these are helpful references for both you and the clinician.
- Reread your class notes. If there was something during lecture that you did not understand, ask about it.
- Do not expect to be able to start and finish your homework assignments during a single clinic as this may not always or often be possible.
- Do not expect to get individual attention the entire time you are at a clinic, other students may also have questions for the clinician.
- Bring coursework you can do while the clinician is assisting other students.
- The clinicians are here to help you succeed, not to do your coursework for you. They will not do problems for you or just give you answers.
- Attend clinic with classmates so that you can share ideas and work together.