Stat 11 Mu-se Study Sessions
If you are currently taking a math or stat course this semester and are seeking help, please visit https://docs.google.com/document/d/15vSFZ8ydztWaK9YE8Ezp5Y4ZApc8jUvDRs8u...to see our update Academic Support Schedule during our remote learning period.
What are Stat 11 Mu-se Study Sessions and when do they meet?
- Drop-in study sessions run by friendly, knowledgeable peer tutors.
- A great way to get help with your Stat 11 coursework.
- A chance to meet and work collaboratively with your classmates.
- A casual environment for studying and discussing statistics.
- Please see the schedule to determine which sessions work best for you.
Who can use the Stat 11 Mu-se Sessions?
- Anyone currently enrolled in a Stat 11 course.
- Individuals and groups are all welcome, so encourage your classmates to attend with you!
How do I effectively use these Sessions?
- You may attend Mu-se Sessions at any time while it is in session. When you want to join the study session, simply click on the Zoom link on the schedule, you'll be taken to the Zoom study session and one of the Mu-ses will assist you or redirect you to a breakout room as soon as they are available.
- To make the most of your time at these sessions, first try problems on your own and bring any questions you may have to ask the Mu-ses.
- Have your class notes and textbook handy as these are helpful references for both you and the Mu-ses.
- Reread your class notes and slides. If there was something during lecture that you did not understand, ask about it.
- Do not expect to be able to start and finish your homework assignments during a single Mu-se Session as this may not always or often be possible.
- Do not expect to get individual attention the entire time you are at a session, other students may also have questions. This is a great time to collaborate and share ideas with your peers!
- The Mu-ses are here to help you succeed, not to do your coursework for you. Mu-ses will not do problems for you or just give you answers.
- Attend sessions with classmates so that you can share ideas and work together.