Commencement Press Release
The Communications Office encourages all members of the Class of 2013 to share news of their graduation with their home town newspapers. We have prepared a template that graduates can personalize with details about their Swarthmore experience and send directly to their home town newspapers.
Here are the steps to creating and sending a press release:
- Open the news release template, and save it to your computer.
- Personalize the release by replacing the bold information with details about your experience and plans. Proof read and remove all bold formatting.
- Identify the contact information for your local newspaper(s). Visit the paper's Web site, and look for a "Contact Us" page, and identify the email address for the Newsroom, or for the editor of the regional edition of the paper that covers your home town. Contact Stacey Kutish (email@example.com) if you need assistance identifying this contact information.
- If you wish, you may also send a photograph of yourself with the release. Prepare a photograph that is a 300 dpi JPEG, and name the file with your last name and "Swarthmore2013."
- Copy the text of your release, and paste it into the body of an email message addressed to the newsroom or the appropriate regional editor. Please CC: Stacey Kutish (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Communications Office. The subject line of the message should be "Local Resident Graduates from Swarthmore College." Attach your prepared photograph, and send along to the newspaper.
If you have any questions about this process, or need any assistance, please contact Stacey Kutish in the Communications Office at 610-328-8535, or email@example.com.