DACA & Undocumented Students
Swarthmore College is committed to supporting and expanding opportunities for Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA )and Undocumented students. We offer supportive, sensitive and personalized services. The college offers a wide variety of resources and programs empowering students to help reach their academic and personal goals.
The International Student Center serves as a resource center for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and undocumented students. We welcome and support our students without regard to their immigration status. We are working diligently to assure all our students continue to feel welcome and safe. Please find some resources below:
- Sanctuary at Swarthmore- Please visit the Sanctuary website for more detailed resources
- TriCo Undocu+ Student Support Committee- An group made up of Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore College to provide resources to undocumented students
- Swatties for Immigrant Rights (SIR)- contact email@example.com for more information
From U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:
- Consideration of DACA Process
- Travel while on DACA (see Q57)
- Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
Organizations for DACA and Undocumented Students
- United We Dream: The largest immigrant youth-led organization in the nation.
- Immigrants Rising: Aids low-income immigrant students in their pursuit of a U.S. college education. View the Resource Guide for more information.
- Presidents Alliance: An alliance of American college and university leaders dedicated to increasing public understanding of how immigration policies and practices impact our students, campuses and communities.
- Higher Ed Immigration Portal: A new digital platform that integrates data, policies, and resources about DACA and undocumented, other immigrant, international, and refugee students to support immigration reform and federal policymaking, fuel change at the state and campus level, and build a diverse movement of partners and stakeholders advocating for these students.
Med School Resources:
- PHDreamers' FAQs: Med School for Undocumented Students
- Applying to Medical School
- Pre-Med/Health field Loans for Students with DACA
- Independent Contracting Guide
- National Immigration Legal Services Directory
- Recognized Organizations and Accredited Representatives Roster
- JUNTOS - Lista de Abogados de Inmigración