Resources for Students
- The International Student Center serves as a resource center for undocumented students, with and without Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Admissions & Aid for Undocumented Students - For undocumented and DACA students, Swarthmore’s admissions process is need-blind. We do not take your financial need or application for financial aid into account when making the decision about whether to admit you to the College. Swarthmore is committed to meeting 100 percent of admitted students’ determined financial need, and our aid awards do not include loans that need to be repaid. We believe all students should be able to afford a Swarthmore education regardless of socioeconomic status or ability to pay.
- Co-Curricular Opportunities - Undocumented students have access to many co-curricular opportunities on campus, including several that include financial awards. In addition to our list, check out the Summer Opportunities site for more information.
- Financial Resources - Swarthmore offers generous financial assistance to all students, regardless of immigration status. This page includes details on financial aid and additional sources of funding available to students in financial need.
- Legal Support - The International Student Center supports students with DACA applications and renewals, visas, and applications for travel. In addition, Dean Marks-Gold can connect students with possible pro-bono legal assistance through several local organizations.
- Post-graduate planning - Both undocumented and DACAmented students face many barriers in planning for the steps after college. This page includes a few resources that may act as a guide for the different pathways available to undocumented and DACAmented students.
- Clubs & Organizations - The Swarthmore student body has a long history of supporting and advocating for undocumented and DACAmented students. Most social activities on campus are open to all students, regardless of status. No activities on campus require identification other than the Swarthmore OneCard.