Skip to main content


Undocumented students are able to travel domestically with their passports, according to advocacy organization, Immigrants Rising. Before making plans, visit their Guide for Undocumented Individuals Traveling in the U.S..

While undocumented students cannot study abroad and return to the U.S., they may participate in off-campus study within the United States. Options like the Domestic Exchange Program and summer language immersion opportunities are viable alternatives to study abroad that meet many of the same learning goals. Contact a staff member in the Office of Global Engagement as soon as you are considering off-campus study.

Please note that this information is not intended to serve as legal advice and is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney.