Skip to main content

Transferring to a New U.S. School

If you wish to pursure further academic study in the U.S. you may be eligible to transfer your existing F1 SEVIS Record to your new U.S. School. The SEVIS transfer is an electronic transfer of your SEVIS record from Swarthmore to your new school.  The Transfer will be completed by the ISC and it means that the student's electronic record becomes visible to the new school. You will need to apply for a new I-20 with your new school (every school has their own process) - and as soon as your new school has your electronic record, they can use it to issue your new I-20 with your new program details, and financial details. 

Once you have been accepted to your new program, log into the ISC Portal and submit a Transfer Out Request. You will need to upload a copy of your acceptance letter and provide the date you wish for your record to be transferred. We can schedule the transfer for a future date. If your new school also has a form for us to fill out, please upload it in this request.

If you have any questions about transferring your record, please reach out to a memebr of the ISC Team.