Individual and group tutoring are available at no cost to all students who have demonstrated need for them, and who have used the resources provided through the department. Students may be referred to tutoring by a professor or academic advisor. Or, with the exception of those departments listed below, students may apply for a tutor by filling out the Tutor Request form linked below. All tutors are students who have been recommended by department chairs or program coordinators to serve in this capacity.
In Fall 2020, all tutoring will be conducted remotely and online - not in person.
How do I ask for a tutor?
To request a tutor, you need to fill out the Tutor Request Form. If you are unable to submit the Google Form, please email Mira Baric at email@example.com with the following information: your name, course number and instructor name for the course in which you are requesting tutoring and a description of why you feel like you need individual tutoring.
Tutoring pairs can meet via Zoom or Google Hangouts. For Fall 2020, all tutoring will be conducted remotely and online - not in person.
What happens after requesting a tutor?
Once the request is received, the appropriate tutor match will be made and you will be notified by email. Instructors are typically informed of such requests. Students are normally limited to 10 hours per semester, but more hours may be approved on request from the instructor.
Are tutors available for all courses?
Yes, with these exceptions:
- Biology: contact your course professor
- Chinese: contact Kirsten Speidel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Science: contact Lauri Courtenay, academic support coordinator, email@example.com
- Economics: contact your course professor
- Engineering: contact Ann Ruether, academic support coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mathematics and Statistics: contact Laura Dandridge, academic support coordinator, email@example.com
- Physics and Astronomy: contact Ann Ruether, academic support coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, all other tutoring requests must go to Mira Baric, email@example.com.