Individual and group tutoring are available at no cost to all students who have demonstrated need for them, and who have used the resources provided through the department. Students may be referred to tutoring by a professor or academic advisor. Or, with the exception of those departments listed below, students may apply for a tutor by contacting Mira Baric(phone: 610-328-8367 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org). All tutors are students who have been recommended by department chairs or program coordinators to serve in this capacity.
How do I ask for a tutor?
To request a tutor, you need to complete and submit the Tutor Request Form [pdf] to Mira Baric (email@example.com). If you are unable to complete and submit the PDF form, please email Mira Baric (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information: your name, course number and instructor name for the course in which you are requesting tutoring and a description of why you feel like you need individual tutoring.
We can support tutoring during the remote learning period. If you are already matched with a tutor or tutee, please email them to see if they are available to continue with remote tutoring. If they are not available, please email Mira Baric to let her know that you need a new tutoring match. Tutoring pairs can meet via Zoom or Google Hangouts. Tutors should continue to submit any hours worked via timesheets.
What happens after request a tutor?
Once the request is received, the appropriate tutor match will be made and you will be notified by email. Instructors are typically informed of such requests. Students are normally limited to 10 hours per semester, but more hours may be approved on request from the instructor.
Are tutors available for all courses?
Yes, with these exceptions:
- Biology: contact your course professor
- Chinese: contact Kirsten Speidel, email@example.com
- Computer Science: contact Lauri Courtenay, academic support coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economics: contact your course professor
- Engineering: contact Ann Ruether, academic support coordinator, email@example.com
- Mathematics and Statistics: contact Danielle Ledford, academic support coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physics and Astronomy: contact Ann Ruether, academic support coordinator, email@example.com
Remember, all other tutoring requests must go to Mira Baric, firstname.lastname@example.org.