Important Dates for the Sophomore Plan of Study
Sophomore Planning has two stages
- General info:
- read department and program websites
- attend or watch department and program info sessions, if possible
- Advising and drafting
- talk with an individual sophomore plan advisor for each of your prospective majors and minors
- write your plan
- January 24 through February 11, 2022: departments and program info sessions. You are welcome to join or watch, if possible.
- by Monday, February 14 at 1 p.m. ET: indicate your prospective major(s) and minor(s) in mySwarthmore. Departments and programs then use this info to assign you an sophomore plan advisor to help you in your planning. By then, departments and programs will update future course offerings on their websites to the best of their ability.
- by Friday, February 18: departments and programs will update your sophomore plan advisor(s) name(s) in the Advising tab of the Majors and Minors section in mySwarthmore. Unless the department or program tells you otherwise, email your sophomore plan advisor(s) to schedule a time to talk from February 21 through March 2.
- February 21: date to draft your sophomore plan for initial discussion with your sophomore plan advisor
- February 21 through March 2: meet with your sophomore plan advisors to review your plan
- by Thursday, March 3 at 1 p.m. ET: update and submit your sophomore plan in mySwarthmore. Departments and programs then review your plan and either approve, defer or deny your plan. Most student plans are approved. Many plans are deferred pending additional course completion. Most departments and programs issue decisions by mid-March.