How to Apply to be a SAM
- The SAM Application utilizes JobX, the College's student employment system. (For more, please visit the JobX and Student Employment Information Page.) You can access the job description and an application via JobX.
- The deadline for completing the application through JobX is 12:00 p.m. on March 23, 2023. As part of the online application, you must upload a question form, your resume, and a copy of your unofficial transcript. All three must be saved in .pdf format before uploading.
- The deadline for your letter of recommendation is 12:00 p.m. on March 23, 2023. The letter must be emailed to email@example.com. The recommender should discuss what skills and character traits you possess that would make you a good SAM.
- Once your application is complete, we will contact you to set up an interview.
NOTE: The system allows you 45 minutes to complete and submit your application. Prepare your supplemental materials before logging into the JobX site!
To apply, complete the following steps:
- Select “Student Employees.”
- Click “User Dashboard,” at the top of the righthand column.
- Log in with your Swarthmore credentials.
- Click on “Student Employees” in the top navigation.
- Select “Find a Job” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Show All Active Jobs” on the top left of the “Select a Quick Search” box.
- Review the disclaimer for on-campus stipend jobs and click “I Agree.”
- The Student Academic Mentor position will appear in the “Active Jobs” list. Click the job title.
- “Click here to apply for this job” on the top left of the screen.
- Read and complete all portions of application, as they contain important information on eligibility, remuneration, dates of employment, spring training, and more.
- Some data will be prepopulated into the application from your Banner account. Please review it to make sure it is correct.
- Upload the required files.
- Be sure to have your letter of recommendation submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click “Submit.”