Office of Fellowships and Prizes
NOTE during COVID-19: The Fellowships and Prizes Office is still available to you for consultations and to answer your questions. Please reach out to Melissa Mandos with your questions or to set up an appointment for a remote meeting.
Whether you are interested in spending time overseas, doing independent research, or going to graduate school, the Office of Fellowships and Prizes can help you apply for nationally and internationally competitive grants to help you realize your goals. These include the Fulbright, Watson, Rhodes, Goldwater, Udall, and many others for undergraduates, graduating seniors, and alumni.
Resources available to you through the Fellowships and Prizes Office include:
- counseling on which grant opportunities fit you best
- guidance on the application process
- assistance in writing and revising your personal statements and project proposals
- interview preparation
- referrals to resources and information on major scholarships
- advice from past scholarship winners and finalists
The process of applying for fellowships and awards is often more about the journey than the final destination. Regardless of whether or not you win an award, the application process will help you clarify your goals for the future, find out more about yourself and your value systems, improve your writing and interviewing skills, and even give you a head start on preparing graduate school application materials.
For more information and to talk to an advisor, visit the Fellowships and Prizes Office in Parrish 115. See below for internal deadlines.
Internal Application Deadlines 2020-21
For graduating seniors and alumni:
- Churchill - September 30, 2020
- Fulbright - September 14, 2020
- Gaither - November 30, 2020
- Luce - September 30, 2020
- Marshall - September 7, 2020
- Rhodes - September 7, 2020
- Swarthmore Fellowships - April 20, 2021
For graduating seniors only:
- Beinecke - January 25, 2021
- Goldwater - November 30, 2020
- Truman - November 30, 2020
- Udall - January 25, 2021