Thirty two scholarships are awarded annually to provide for two years of graduate study at the University of Oxford, England (with the possibility of renewal for a third year).
- Open to U.S. citizens; lawful permanent residents; and individuals who have been granted deferred action under DACA and whose status is currently active. Visit US Rhodes website (link below) for more details. Applications are also accepted from students who are citizens of dozens of different countries. For a complete list of Rhodes Scholarship Countries visit: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/list-of-rhodes-scholarship-countries/
- Between the ages of 18 and 24 on Oct. 1 of the year of application. (There are exceptions for older candidates who will complete or have completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual.)
- Literary and scholastic attainments
- Energy to use one's talents to the full, as exemplified by fondness for and success in sports
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one's fellow beings.
September 6, 2021 by 11:59 pm ET
How to Apply
Follow the link below to register online for an application. Email all the application materials below to email@example.com.
- Application cover sheet
- 1,000-word personal statement
- 750-word academic statement of study
- Two-page CV or resume
- Four to eight letters of recommendation (Recommenders may email their letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. )
- Unofficial Transcript
- Do not submit you application online until you have completed the internal nomination process.
- After submitting your application materials, you will be interviewed in person (or remotely if you are unavailable in person) by members of the Fellowships and Prizes Committee.
- When all interviews are completed, the committee will select Swarthmore's nominees and notify you of your status. For those nominated the national deadline is October 6.
- Within several weeks, Rhodes will notify you to tell you if you have been selected to interview at the district level. On the day of the district interviews, you will be told whether or not you have won a Rhodes Scholarship.