Forty scholarships are awarded annually to finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree at any institution in the United Kingdom for one or two years.
- U.S. citizenship
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- Candidates must have graduated from their undergraduate institution after April 2017
- Candidates must not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University.
- Evidence of academic achievement, leadership, and public service
September 9, 2019
How to Apply
Follow the link below to register on the Marshall web site and gain access to an official application. Complete the application on-line by the internal deadline above. Application components include:
- Application (including essays)
- Four letters of recommendation
- After submitting your application materials, you will be interviewed in person (or by telephone if you are unavailable in person) by members of the Fellowships and Prizes Committee.
- When all interviews are completed, the committee will select Swarthmore's nominees and notify you of your status.
- You will have an opportunity to make final revisions to your application before submitting it on-line. The national deadline is in early October.
- Within several weeks, Marshall will notify you to tell you if you have been selected to interview at the regional level. (Interviews occur during the second or third week of November.)
- Shortly after the regional interviews, you will be told whether or not you have won a Marshall Scholarship.