Thomas J. Watson Fellowship
The Watson Fellowship provides a one-year grant for purposeful, independent exploration outside the United States, allowing Fellows to engage their deepest interests on a global scale. Fellows plan out a year long program visiting any number of countries .
- U.S. citizenship is NOT required.
- Open to graduating seniors ONLY.
October 1, 2021
How to Apply
Please contact Melissa Mandos at firstname.lastname@example.org to access an online application. The application elements include:
- 1500 word personal statement
- 1500 word project proposal
- Two recommendations
- Supplementary material (optional)
- The Fellowships and Prizes Committee reviews all applications, resumes, essays and recommendations.
- Based on application materials, interviews, and recommendations, the Committee selects four nominees. Nominees have an opportunity to revise their essays prior to Watson's national deadline, which is November 3.
- All nominees receive an interview with a member of Watson's national selection committee.
- Final selections are announced on March 15, 2022.
Tiye Pulley ‘19, Project: Skateboarding and Its Artistic Outputs in Ethiopia, Japan and Jamaica