Up to twelve scholarships are awarded annually to support one year of graduate study in any discipline offered by an institution of higher learning in Ireland or Northern Ireland. An institutional endorsement is required for graduating seniors only. Alumni of the College can apply directly to the Mitchell Scholarship.
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be 18 years of age or older but NOT yet 30 on October 1 of the year of application
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study under the Mitchell Scholarship
- Evidence of academic achievement, leadership, and public service
September 5, 2022 by 11:59 pm ET
How to Apply
Follow the link below to register on the Mitchell web site and gain access to an official application. Complete the application on-line and turn in all the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your application including your 1,000 word personal statement
- Four letters of recommendation. Recommenders must complete their letters on-line. In addition, please ask them to email their letters to email@example.com.
- Unofficial Transcript
- Do not submit your application online until you have completed the college's internal nomination process.
- After submitting your application materials, you will be interviewed in person (or remotely if you are unavailable in person) by members of the Fellowships and Prizes Committee.
- When all interviews are completed, the committee will select Swarthmore's nominees and notify you of your status. The national deadline is September 30, 2022, 5 pm ET.
- Within several weeks, Mitchell will notify you to tell you if you have been selected to interview. Shortly after the regional interviews, you will be told whether or not you have won a Mitchell Scholarship.