Music 011 and 040A are prerequisite for all Music History courses numbered 20 or above. First-year students who are considering a music major should take Music 11 and 40A during their first semester.
In addition to the following, all Performance courses [MUSI 041-049] are offered every semester (Orchestra, Chorus, Jazz Ensemble, Chinese Music Ensemble, Wind Ensemble, Gamelan, Chamber Music, and Individual Instruction).
Course offerings are subject to change.
- MUSI 002. First-year Seminar: Carnival Culture: Dance, Music and Drama in Early Modern Europe
- MUSI 005A. Music and Dance Cultures of the World
- MUSI 011.01. Harmony, Counterpoint, and Form 1
- MUSI 011.02. Harmony, Counterpoint, and Form 1*
- MUSI 013. Harmony, Counterpoint, and Form 3
- MUSI 031. Music and Culture in East Asia
- MUSI 038. Color and Spirit: Music of Debussy, Stravinsky, and Messiaen
- MUSI 040A. Elements of Musicianship I
- MUSI 040C. Elements of Musicianship III
- MUSI 041. Performance (Jazz Ensemble)
- MUSI 042. Performance. (Chinese Music Ensemble)
- MUSI 043. Performance (Chorus)
- MUSI 044. Performance (Orchestra)
- MUSI 046. Performance (Wind Ensemble)
- MUSI 047. Performance (Chamber Music)
- MUSI 048. Performance (Individual Instruction)
- MUSI 049A. Performance (Balinese Gamelan)
- MUSI 050. Performance (Garnet Singers)
- MUSI 115. Harmony, Counterpoint, and Form 5*
- MUSI 119. Composition