Projects in Science & Society
- The Swarthmore Spheromak Experiment – Under the leadership of Professor of Physics Michael Brown, student researchers in the SSX Lab study turbulence and plasma astrophysics partially to probe into the question of fusion energy, which would revolutionize the future energy supply chain.
- Seimi Park ’20 – Press for Peace is an initiative dedicated to promoting the education of women in journalism, media, and communications, with a defined focus on data and technology as platform for impact.
- Rose Ridder '20 – Phapangwittaya Water Project (โครงการน้ำโรงเรียนผาปังวิทยา) aims to improve experiential science access in Phapang and surrounding communities in Thailand.
- Eriko Shrestha '19 – Nagar Mitra's E-waste Network in Kathmandu, Nepal, a network on advocacy education, and collection of e-waste.
- Tyler Huntington ’18 – Harvest Circle aims to increase healthy food access throughout the greater Philadelphia area by enhancing the capacity of existing nutrition resources in both the emergency food sector and the urban retail environment.
- Mariko Ching ‘16 – Bijli Bicycle or “Bicycle Electricity” is providing rural North Indian communities with independent and renewable sources of electricity and lighting.
- Akunna Uka ’14 – The mission of SkillQuest, Akunna's Lang Project, is to support existing efforts to provide adult education in Chester, PA and expand the delivery of adult education in technology.