Nominate a Newman Civic Fellow
Newman Civic Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The Newman Civic Fellowship is intended to honor the leadership legacy of Campus Compact founder Frank Newman by recognizing community-committed students who:
- Engage in collaborative action with others from campus or from surrounding communities in order to create long-term social change;
- Take action in addressing issues of inequality and political polarization; and
- Demonstrate the motivation and potential for effective long-term civic engagement.
In addition to these core characteristics, Newman Civic Fellow nominees must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Student must be enrolled at Swarthmore College during spring 2024, and enrolled for the duration of the 2024-2025 academic year (juniors, sophomores, or first years).
- Nominees must commit to providing a short reflection piece (video, article, or letter format) to Campus Compact during their fellowship year.
Preference is given to students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
Students can be nominated each year. Interested in nominating yourself or someone else? Complete the nomination form by January 22, 2024.