Office and Furniture Moves
Small Scale Office and Furniture Moves
The department of Events Management is available to assist with simple office and furniture moves. To request these services, please complete the Small Scale Office & Furniture Move Request Form. Once the form is received, a member of the Event Management staff will contact you to review the details of your request. Please note that Events Management staff are not permitted to move personal furniture, pictures, plants, etc. You will be responsible for moving any personal items from your office.
We are unable to assist with the following services: hanging pictures, assembling furniture, dismantling or relocate modular furniture units. Complex moves involving multiple staff and/or offices may also require the requesting department to contract professional movers. For support with any of these services, please contact Facilities Management.
When submitting your request for your office move, please keep the following in mind:
- Moves can be scheduled Monday–Friday between 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Requests must be submitted five (5) business days in advance of the preferred move date.
- Boxes and furniture must be labeled to indicate the building name and room number where it is being moved.
- Boxes and tape are available upon request:
- Request for delivery of boxes and tape must be placed within two (2) business days prior to the move.
- For last minute requests, boxes are available for pick-up from the Events Management office at 508 Field House Lane, Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- All shelves, desks, and furniture must be completely emptied before the move is scheduled. It is not necessary to empty file cabinets.
- If furniture must be removed from an office to accommodate painting or new carpet, please indicate where the furniture can be temporarily stored. Note, furniture cannot be stored in a hallway. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you temporary storage options.
It is recommended that you also contact the following departments if your move involves:
- Signage Changes | Facilities Management
- Key Requests/Exchanges | Key Central
- Cleaning or Maintenance Services | Environmental Services (EVS)
- Surplus Furniture and Office Equipment | Capital Planning and Project Management
- Computer and Phone Jack Activation, Printer Moves | Information Technology Services (ITS)