The Swarthmore campus is vibrant and busy year-round, with much interest in our facilities for private functions and other events.
The following campus spaces are available for rent for events including conferences, symposia, meetings, summer day and overnight camps/programs, wedding ceremonies, and more. Rental are available during the non-academic period: mid-June through early-August and during fall, winter, and spring breaks when classes are not in session. There may be additional charges for audio/visual support and setup fees. Insurance indemnification and a contract between the College and the individual or group (renter) will be required, the specifics of which will depend on the intended space use.
Event Rental Information
In place an inquiry for a venue at Swarthmore College, complete the please begin by filling out our Event Request form, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on the policies governing the use of space on campus, please visit our Space Use Policy page.
- Bond Hall - Meetings and events - Seats 60 lecture style and 60 at round tables
- Classrooms - Smart classrooms of various sizes
- Lang Performing Arts Center (LPAC) - Charges depend upon the space and staffing needs of the renter. Contact James Murphy at email@example.com for information regarding use of this space.
- Scheuer Room, Kohlberg Hall - Meetings and events - Seats 90 lecture style seating, 80 at round tables
- Science Center 101 -Tiered seating for 200
- Science Center 199 - Tiered seating for 80
- Scott Outdoor Amphitheater - Wedding Ceremonies
- The Inn at Swarthmore - Meetings, events, and wedding receptions
The Scott Amphitheater may be rented only by faculty, staff, and alumni for wedding ceremonies. The wedding couple or the parent of the wedding couple must be an alum, faculty, or staff member of the College. For more information about weddings at Swarthmore, visit weddings and wedding photography.
The Inn at Swarthmore can be rented for meetings, events, and weddings throughout the year, when space is available. Adjacent to campus and steps from downtown Swarthmore, the Inn offers 40 guestrooms and suites, private dining at their signature restaurant, Broad Table Tavern, and flexible meeting spaces to accommodate your group or social event needs. Visit their website or call 610-543-7500 for more information on booking your event.
Contact Susan Eagar, Director of Events Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for help planning your summer program at Swarthmore College.