The Swarthmore campus is vibrant and busy year-round, with much interest in our facilities for private functions and other events. The following campus spaces are available for rent for events including conferences, symposia, meetings, wedding, and more. Rates can be negotiated for half or multiple day events. There may be additional charges for audio/visual support and setup fees. Insurance indemnification and a contract between the College and the individual or group (renter) will be required, the specifics of which will depend on the intended space use.
For more information on planning your event at Swarthmore College, please begin by filling out our Event Request form, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on the policies governing the use of space on campus, please visit our Space Use Policy page.
- Bond Hall - Meetings and events - Seats 60 lecture style and 60 at round tables - $400 per day (not air-conditioned)
- Classrooms - Smart classrooms of various sizes - $125 per day
- Lang Performing Arts Center (LPAC) - Charges depend upon the space and staffing needs of the renter. Contact James Murphy at email@example.com for information regarding use of this space.
- Scheuer Room, Kohlberg Hall - Meetings and events - Seats 100 lecture style seating, 80 at round tables - $600 per day
- Science Center 101 -Tiered seating for 200 - $300 per day
- Science Center 199 - Tiered seating for 80 - $175 per day
- Scott Outdoor Amphitheater - Weddings - inquire for price
- The Inn at Swarthmore - Meetings, events, and weddings - inquire for price
The Scott Amphitheater may be rented only by faculty, staff, and alumni for weddings from mid-June through mid-August and during fall, winter, and spring breaks when classes are not in session and when the space is available. The bride, or the groom, or a the parent of the bride or groom must be an alum, faculty, or staff member of the College. For more information about weddings at Swarthmore, visit weddings and wedding photography.
The Inn at Swarthmore can be rented for meetings, events, and weddings throughout the year, when space is available. Adjacent to campus and steps from downtown Swarthmore, the Inn offers 40 guestrooms and suites, private dining at their signature restaurant, Broad Table Tavern, and flexible meeting spaces to accommodate your group or social event needs. Visit their website or call 610-543-7500 for more information on booking your event.