Swat Central Instructions–Faculty and Staff
Swat Central is Swarthmore’s centralized hub for faculty, staff, and students to reserve event space on campus and publicize their event to the College calendar. For quick tips and detailed instructions for using Swat Central, please follow the steps below.
General tips for using Swat Central:
- Look for the green “Instructions” box on the right hand side of each page for guidance specific to that step of the process.
- At the end of each step, click “Next” to move on to the next page. You do not need to click “Save” unless you wish to pause and return to your reservation later.
Booking your campus event:
- Visit Swat Central.
- Sign in with your Swarthmore credentials using the link at the top right of the page.
- Click the “Create an Event” button at the center of the page.
- Enter your event name and select your event type and the primary department sponsor. If there are additional departments sponsoring your event, you may select them as well.
- The event will appear on the department listing of all primary and additional sponsoring departments you name.
- The College Calendar event listing will default to the Event Name you entered. If you wish the calendar to display the event under another name, enter it as the Event Title for the College Calendar.
- Enter the expected attendance at your event.
- Click “No” if your event will occur only once and “Yes” if you are booking a recurring event.
- Enter the date, start time, and end time of the actual event
- Click “Yes” if additional time will be needed before or after your event for setup or breakdown.
Enter the amount of time needed for setup before the event and for breakdown after the event.
- Find and select the preferred location for your event.
- Type your preferred location or search locations using the “Advanced Search”
- A module titled “Selected Location” will appear on the right-hand side of the page once you have selected a location for your event. If you have any special setup instructions for your event, you must indicate them in this module before moving on to the next step.
- Select additional event information, including whether your event is open to minors and/or open to the public.
- If you have an image for your event or a URL link to a signup sheet you would like the College calendar to display, you may include them here.
- Enter your name as both Scheduler and Requestor unless you are scheduling on behalf of another faculty or staff member, in which case you should enter that person’s name as the Requestor.
- Select “Publish this event to the College Calendar” if you would like to do so.
- If you have any additional comments for the Events Management team, you may enter them in the final Comments page.
- Click “Save” on the final Comments page to submit your reservation request.
Once your reservation request has been submitted, please note the date, time, and location cannot be changed in Swat Central. You will have to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help updating your reservation.