Swat Central Instructions–Students
Swat Central is Swarthmore’s centralized hub for faculty, staff, and students to reserve event space on campus and publicize their event to the College calendar. For quick tips and detailed instructions for using Swat Central, please follow the steps below.
General tips for using Swat Central:
- Click on the Information symbol at the beginning of each section for guidance specific to that step of the process.
- Use the Preview button to see a summary of your current selections before saving.
- Events are not confirmed until you receive an email confirmation. Once confirmed, please note that you will be unable to edit the date, time, and location in Swat Central. You may contact email@example.com for help updating your reservation.
Booking your campus event:
- Visit Swat Central.
- Sign in with your Swarthmore credentials using the link at the top right of the page. Once you're signed in, your name will populate in that corner.
- Click the “Create an Event” button at the center of the Dashboard page.
- Enter your Event Name and select your Event Type.
- Note: The College Calendar event listing will default to the Event Name you entered. If you wish to advertise the event under another name, enter that name as the Event Title.
- Select the primary student organization sponsoring the event. Other sponsoring student organizations may be added under Additional Department Responsible for This Reservation.
- Note: If the event is not associated with a student group, you may select Other.
- If your student organization is not listed, please contact the Office of Student Engagement (OSE).
- Enter the expected attendance at your event.
- If you plan to advertise your event on the College Calendar, enter on Event Description of at least 1-2 sentences, including the intended audience:
- Open to the public (Faculty, Staff, Students, and guests outside of the Swarthmore campus community)
- Open to the Swarthmore campus community
- Open to Swarthmore students only
- Open to Swarthmore faculty and staff only.
- Enter the date, start time, and end time of the actual event. Do not build in extra time. If preparation or clean-up time is needed, expand the Additional Time section, and enter the amount of time needed.
- If your event repeats, you can either click on Repeating Pattern to set a pattern, or you can click on dates on the calendar below it. You can review your selected dates by clicking on View All Occurrences beneath the calendar.
- Find and select the preferred location for your event.
- Making sure that both the Hide Conflicts and Enforce Headcount boxes are unchecked, type in your preferred location and select Search or choose a Saved Search.
- To add a location to your request, click on the Request button next to it.
- Your requested room(s) will populate below the Locations section. If nothing is listed there, you have not successfully selected a location.
- Find and select resources.
- For tables and chairs, search for the resource Setup Crew - See Notes and click on the Request button next to it.
- For audio/visual equipment, search for the resource Swaudio and click on the Request button next to it.
- Once selected, the resource will populate below the Resources section. If nothing is listed there, you have not successfully requested a resource.
- For a single-occurrence event, enter your request for tables, chairs, etc. in the Instructions section. For events with multiple occurrences, select View Occurrences to enter your request for tables, chairs, etc. in the instructions boxes.
- Select additional event information:
- For events where alcohol will be served you must complete the Student Alcohol Permit Request.
- If you are showing a film at your event, you must have the budget available ($250) to purchase the rights to show a movie on campus. You must complete the OSE Movie Approval Form before your room request will be reviewed.
- Events with the presence and participation of Minors must be authorized and monitored closely. For detailed information regarding the Guidelines and mandatory childe abuse reporting, visit:
- Indicate if your event is open to the public outside of the Swarthmore College community.
If your event uses a third-party event registration system, please include the URL under Registration URL.
You may include an image for your event. The image will appear alongside the event description on the College calendar.
The image width should not exceed 300 pixels. Please use only .jpg or .png images.
If using a caterer, please list the name of the catering company.
- Check the box under Publish to Calendar if you would like your event to appear on the College Calendar.
- Click Save to submit your reservation request.
Events are not confirmed until you receive an email confirmation. Once confirmed, please note that you will be unable to edit the date, time, and location in Swat Central. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help updating your reservation.