Swat Central Instructions–Students
Swat Central is Swarthmore’s centralized hub for faculty, staff, and students to reserve event space on campus and publicize their event to the College calendar. For quick tips and detailed instructions for using Swat Central, please follow the steps below.
General tips for using Swat Central:
- Look for the green “Instructions” box on the right hand side of each page for guidance specific to that step of the process.
- At the end of each step, click “Next” to move on to the next page. You do not need to click “Save” unless you wish to pause and return to your reservation later.
Booking your campus event:
- Visit Swat Central.
- Sign in with your Swarthmore credentials using the link at the top right of the page.
- Click the “Create an Event” button at the center of the page.
- Enter your event name and select your event type (with or without alcohol) and the sponsoring student organization. If there are additional student organizations sponsoring your event, you may select them as well. If this not associated with a student group, you may select "other".
- The College Calendar event listing will default to the Event Name you entered. If you wish the calendar to display the event under another name, enter it as the Event Title for the College Calendar.
- Enter the expected attendance at your event, and the Event Description.
- The event description will appear on the College calendar, so please be thoughtful about the description you write.
- Click “No” if your event will occur only once and “Yes” if you are booking a recurring event.
- Enter the date, start time, and end time of the actual event
- Click “Yes” if additional time will be needed before or after your event for setup or breakdown.
- Enter the amount of time needed for setup before the event and for breakdown after the event.
- Find and select the preferred location for your event.
- Type your preferred location or search locations using the “Advanced Search”
- Modules titled “Setup Instructions and Swaudio Support” will appear on the right-hand side of the page once you have selected a location for your event. If you have any special setup instructions for your event or would like AV support, you must indicate them in this module before moving on to the next step.
- Respond to the required “Additional Information” questions.
- For events where alcohol will be served you must have an alcohol permit. For detailed information, be sure to review the Alcohol Policy module, which will appear at the right of your screen.
- If you are showing a film at your event, you must have the budget available ($250) to purchase the rights to show a movie on campus. For detailed information, be sure to review the Movie Policy module, which will appear at the right of your screen.
- Select "Publish this event to the College Calendar" if you would like to do so. Please disregard the "comments" field.
- Click “Save” on the final Comments page to submit your reservation request.
Once your reservation request has been submitted, please note the date, time, and location cannot be changed in Swat Central. You will have to contact email@example.com for help updating your reservation.