Connect with Admissions
Swarthmore College is open to visitors! Prospective students and families are welcome to to register for a fully outdoors on-campus information session and guided tour.
Be sure to review our COVID-19 website for the latest information on visitor safety, masking, and vaccination policies. The College continues to monitor the changing circumstances around COVID-19, and may update its safety policies and protocols at any time.
In addition to on-campus programming, we are excited to continue our virtual visit offerings and self-guided campus tours. Please see below for more ways to get to know Swarthmore.
We encourage prospective students to join our mailing list to receive more information about Swarthmore, including information about application fee waivers through SwatPass. We also encourage you to check out this information session from members of our team to learn more about what makes Swarthmore unique.
We are pleased to welcome students and families to our campus for fully outdoors programming on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and select Saturdays. Please register in advance as space is highly limited and registration is required.
Check back frequently as we continue to update this page with additional programs.
- Self-Guided Campus Tours
Need more flexibilty? Explore Swarthmore's idyllic campus grounds through your own self-guided tour. If you plan to visit our campus for a self-guided tour, please register in advance so you can receive instructions, directions, and safety protocols. You can pick up a copy of the campus map and a list of top spots at the Campus & Community Store located at 4 South Chester Road in Swarthmore.
- Attend a Virtual Campus Tour
Hear from current students about their Swarthmore experiences through photos and stories of their time as Swatties in this one-hour live virtual tour.
- Register for a Virtual Session with an Admissions Dean
Join our Admissions Deans (i.e. someone who reads admissions applications) for a live virtual session. Choose whichever format works best for you, or combine them to get the most out of your virtual visit experience:
Virtual Information Sessions (1 Hour)
- If you are new to Swarthmore, or would just like to learn more through a webinar format, register for a one-hour Virtual Information Session. The first half of the session will consist of a presentation about Swarthmore, including information about our academics, student support, admissions process, financial aid policies, and more. The presentation will be followed by Q&A. Virtual Information Sessions take place each Tuesday.
Ask an Admissions Officer Virtual Sessions (30 Minutes)
- If you have attended an information session or tour before and have some questions about Swarthmore that you'd like to ask live, register for an Ask an Admissions Officer session. There is no presentation during this 30-minute live session, so come with your questions! Ask an Admissions Officer sessions take place each Thursday.
- Attend an Upcoming Virtual Event
Swarthmore in Your (Virtual) Area
Join us to learn about the value of a liberal arts education, what makes Swarthmore unique, selective admissions, and financial aid and scholarship processes. Meet regional admissions deans and a current student and ask questions about Swarthmore and the college application process.
- Students from WA, OR, AK, Northern CA: October 11, 7 PM EDT
- Students from NV, AZ, NM, HI, Southern CA: October 12, 7 PM EDT
- Students from PA, NJ, DE, WV, VA, MD, NC, SC: October 13, 7 PM EDT
- Students from ME, NH, MA, RI, NY, VT, OH, MI, IN: October 14, 8 PM EDT
- Students from ID, MT, WY, UT, CO, ND, SD, MN, WI, IA, IL, NE: November 1, 7 PM EDT
- Students from TX, KS, OK, MO, AR, LA, MS, AL, TN, KY, GA, FL: November 3, 8 PM EDT
Introduction to Financial Aid
Swarthmore meets 100% of determined financial need, but what does that mean and how is that calculated? Hear from members of the Financial Aid Office as they explain the nuts and bolts of Swarthmore financial aid awards and answer your questions.
- U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, and DACA or Undocumented students: October 6, 4 PM EDT
- International Citizens: October 19, 9 AM EDT
Six Colleges Joint Events
Amherst, Bowdoin, Carleton, Pomona, Swarthmore, and Williams are teaming up to host a series of virtual events for students, families, and counselors. To learn more, visit sixcolleges.org.
Virtual College Fairs
Join us and other colleges and universities at a virtual college fair. Continue to check back for more opportunities to connect with us.
- Watch a Recorded Webinar
Dig deeper into what makes Swarthmore unique, gain insight into how we read and evaluate applications, and hear from members of the Swarthmore community in one of our themed recorded webinars.
Applying to Swarthmore: Which Application is Right for You: Swarthmore accepts the Common Application, Coalition Application, and the QuestBridge Application. Hear from our Director of Admissions as he explains the differences among these three applications. Get your questions answered as you decide which application might be the best fit for you. (Recorded 7/7/2021)
Behind the Curtain: Holistic Admissions at Swarthmore: What happens when a college admissions officer gets your application? Learn how Swarthmore Admissions deans approach reading applications, and get tips on the different parts of your application, including your extracurricular activities list, short answer questions, and, of course, the college essay. (Recorded 7/18/2021)
- Ask a Swattie about their Swarthmore Experience
Email a current Swarthmore student to ask about their time at Swarthmore.
- Read our Students' SwatStories Blog
Read first-hand accounts of Swarthmore from those who know it best: our students.
- Explore our Online Resources
- Swarthmore's YouTube Channel: Watch videos featuring Swarthmore's campus, students, faculty, and alumni. Enjoy such titles as Why Swarthmore?, A First Generation Student's Journey to Swarthmore College, and Day in the Life: Academics at Swarthmore College, among others.
- Digital Viewbook: Learn more about academics, extracurricular opportunities, faculty, and the many facets of student life that make our magnificent community through this interactive guide.
- Digital Brochures: Get a quick introduction to Swarthmore through our fact sheet or read about student research, our one-of-a-kind Honors Program, designing your own major, entrepreneurial initiatives, pre-med advising, or resources for first-generation students (pdfs).
- Choose Your Own Adventure Tour: Explore campus highlights in this click-through campus tour.
- Contact Your Regional Dean
Email your regional dean with questions about Swarthmore, our admissions process, or financial aid.