Request an Interview
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we will be offering virtual interview options for rising seniors in lieu of our typical on-campus interviews until further notice.
Why should you interview with us? While your application gives us a lot of information, a face-to-face conversation helps us learn more about you as an individual.
Interviews are not required. Applicants who do not interview are not at a disadvantage, and Swarthmore does not practice ‘demonstrated interest’ in its application review process.
Please select the appropriate option below for more information.
Interviewing as a First Year Applicant
- For Students Attending High School in the U.S.
Virtual fellow interviews (conducted via Zoom with a trained Swarthmore Admissions Fellow) are now full.
You may request an interview with a trained alumni volunteer in the fall of your senior year. Interview requests for first-year applicants are now closed.
- For Students Attending High School Outside the U.S.
There are several options for students attending high school outside the U.S. to interview with us virtually:
- Virtual fellow interviews (conducted via Zoom with a trained Swarthmore Admissions Fellow) are now full.
- International students who are current high school seniors can request a virtual interview with a trained alumni volunteer. Interview requests for first-year applicants are now closed.
- International students can arrange an interview with InitialView or Vericant at any time. Please note that InitialView and Vericant interviews are not Swarthmore-specific.
Interviewing as a Transfer Applicant
Prospective transfer students may now request a virtual interview with a trained alumni volunteer. Request a virtual alumni interview.
Transfer interview requests must be submitted by March 22, 2021.