Partnering for College Access
We are eager to find new ways to connect with high school students who could be a great fit for Swarthmore, especially students we may not meet through more traditional college admissions venues. We partner formally and informally with many community-based organizations across the U.S., including these national partners:
- College Greenlight connects first-generation and underrepresented students to caring colleges, generous scholarships, and life-changing counselors and mentors.
- College Horizons is a nonprofit organization that supports the higher education of Native American students by providing college and graduate admissions workshops to American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian students/participants from across the nation.
- National Hispanic Institute is a leading organization that fosters future community leaders for the expanding Latino community throughout the United States and Latin America.
- QuestBridge is a national nonprofit based in Palo Alto, Calif., that connects the nation’s most exceptional low-income youth with leading colleges and opportunities.
- The Ron Brown Scholars Program advances higher education for community-minded and intellectually gifted African-Americans by providing mentorship, guidance, and funding.
- Say Yes to Education is a nonprofit that revitalizes communities by helping them give every public high school graduate access to college or other post-secondary scholarships.
- The TalentED Project provides an innovative technology solution, free for all users, that connects college admissions and college access professionals to increase recruitment of high-potential, lower-income, first-generation college-goers.
- Venture Scholars is a national membership program designed to help underrepresented and first-generation college-bound students interested in pursuing math- and science-based careers link to information, resources, and opportunities that will help them successfully pursue their career goals.
- VetLink is a partnership between the non-profit Service To School organization and selective colleges that seeks to expand educational opportunities for veterans.