Listed below are links to projected course listings for your junior and senior years. You should consult the College Catalog for requirements for both the major and the minor, as well as for the interdisciplinary programs. Along with the catalog, you should also consult the individual department or program web pages. If you would like to calculate a GPA the way the College does for its graduation requirement, please use the grade point equivalents calculator found on the Registrar's webpage.
Each department and program offers an information session during the first two weeks of the application process. If you do not see a department or program listed below, please contact that department or program directly.
- Art and Art History
- Asian Studies
- Black Studies
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Cognitive Science
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Science
- Educational Studies
- English Literature and Creative Writing
- Environmental Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Interpretation Theory
- Islamic Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medieval Studies
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science
- Sociology and Anthropology
Modern Languages and Literatures
- Career Services
- Fellowships and Prizes
- Health Sciences
- Honors Program
- Lang Center for Civic and Social Responsibility
- Off-Campus Study
General instructions for Faculty access to view Sophomore Plans:
Go to the Majors and Minors Departmental Portal: www.swarthmore.edu/appgarden
All faculty: In the Majors and Minors Departmental Portal, all faculty and departmental administrative staff can read students' sophomore plans and can review lists of majors/minors for their own departments/programs. But, only chairs, AAs and coordinators can enter decisions or assign advisors.
How to view plans? The deadline for the Class of 2020 to submit their plans is March 5, 2018. In the portal, click on the magnifying glass or the PDF icon to the left of the student’s name. The very first time that you want to access the PDFs, you will need to:
- Click on the tab that you want (e.g.“Sophomore Plan Submissions”)
- Click on the “Action” button
- Select “Reset” option
- Click on “Apply” button
Note: The Sophomore Plan PDFs are only available if you are accessing the portal from on-campus, or via a VPN connection.
Problems? Some faculty might find that they are not seeing all the plans that they should in the portal. For example, someone might find that she can see plans for students in her home department, but not plans for students in her affiliated programs. If you encounter this problem, please email Mira (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
For Sophomore Plan Advisors:
How do I access a list of students for whom I will serve as their Sophomore Plan Advisor? After February 15 (or if an Administrative Assistant has advised you that assignments are complete for your department or programs):
- Go to the Majors and Minors Departmental Portal in appGarden: www.swarthmore.edu/appgarden Sophomore Plan Advisor assignments do NOT appear in Faculty Services.
- Click on the Sophomore Plan Submissions tab.
- Select Class of 2020 in the drop-down menu. This summons a list of all sophomores who have indicated a major or minor in the faculty person's department/programs.
- Click on the Sophomore Plan Advisor column heading to sort the column in the order of Advisor Name, or click on your name to only see your Sophomore Plan Advisees.
For Department Chairs, Program Coordinators and Administrative Assistants: