Academic support can be accessed through the Office of Academic Affairs, class deans, academic departments (peer mentors, clinics, and review sessions), the Writing Center (Writing Associates), and in the residence halls (Student Academic Mentors). No fees are required for any of these services.
Many resources exist when experiencing a specific academic difficulty. If you are looking for some extra help, please be in touch with one of the people listed below. If you are not sure who to contact, contact your class dean or an academic dean.
- Chemistry: Ginger Heck, 610-328-8524
- Chinese language tutoring: Kirsten Speidel, 610-328-7766
- Computer Science: Ninjas, Lauri Courtenay, 610-957-6062
- Engineering: Wizards, Ann Ruether, 610-328-8081
- Japanese language tutoring: Will Gardner, 610-690-6875
- Mathematics or Statistics: PiRates, Danielle Ledford, 610-328-8445
- Physics or Astronomy: Ann Ruether, 610-328-8081
- Other disciplines: your course professor
General academic support:
- Class Deans
- General academic skills or planning, finding an academic major, considering a leave of absence: Dean Liz Derickson, 610-328-8475
- General academic skills, time management: Student Academic Mentors (SAMs), Melissa Mandos, 610-328-8363
- Library Research: Ask a librarian, consult with a Research and Information Associate (RIA)
- Tutors are arranged through the Office of the Academic Affairs or, in some cases, arranged through the individual academic department.
- Writing: Writing Associates (WA Program)