Hire an Employee on JobX
Please note, all hire requests need to be validated by a Swarthmore College administrator.
If a student is not eligible to be hired because requisite information or documentation is missing, the hire request will be prevented. In this case, please email the student, using the "Email Results" feature and notify the student that they must reach out to StudentPayroll@swarthmore.edu.
Hire an Employee
- Click "Student Employment Supervisor Home Page."
- Click "JobX Login" then enter your Swarthmore credentials.
- In the main control panel, you will see "Listed" jobs, which are live on JobX
- Check the hiring timeframe first to be sure that you are hiring the student for the correct timeframe. Instructions can be found on the website.
- To see the list of candidates for a particular job, click on the numbered link in the "Applications" column.
- For the candidate you wish to hire, select "Hired" from the drop down menu in the "Actions" column associated with their name.
- You may select other applicants to hire at this point
- You may also "Direct Hire" students using the boxes to the right.
- Click "Go to Step 2."
Make sure the correct candidate name appears and click "Check Employee ID" to start the automated validation process. The validation engine verifies that the candidate is currently enrolled at Swarthmore and has submitted the required paperwork with the Student Payroll Office. If any of this documentation is incomplete, a red X will appear next to the missing information and the hire request will be prevented.
- If the candidate is eligible to be hired, click "Continue."
- If the hire request is prevented, click "Cancel."
- Review the candidate information and edit as needed.
- At this stage you will also be able to see other positions the candidate holds at the bottom of the screen to consider their availability.
- Click "Submit Request."