Hire an Employee on JobX
Please note, all hire requests need to be validated by a Swarthmore College administrator.
If a student is not eligible to be hired because requisite information or documentation is missing, the hire request may be prevented. In this case, please reach out to Kristin Moore, Director of Services, Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-328-8392, for assistance.
Hire an Employee
- Click "Student Employment Supervisor Home Page."
- Click "Supervisor Dashboard" and enter your Swarthmore credentials.
- In the main dashboard area, you will see "Listed" jobs, which are live on JobX
- To see the list of candidates for a particular job, click on the numbered link in the "App #" column.
- For the candidate you wish to hire, select "Hired" from the drop down menu in the "Actions" column associated with their name.
- Click "Go to Step 2."
Make sure the correct candidate name appears and click "Check Employee ID" to start the automated validation process. The validation engine verifies that the candidate is currently enrolled at Swarthmore and has submitted the required paperwork with the Office of Student Employment. If any of this documentation is incomplete, a red X will appear next to the missing information and the hire request will be prevented.
- If the candidate is eligible to be hired, click "Continue."
- If the hire request is prevented, click "Cancel."
- Review the candidate information and edit as needed.
- At this stage you will also be able to see other positions the candidate holds at the bottom of the screen to consider their availability.
- Click "Submit Request."