Group Purchasing Organizations
Swarthmore College is a member of several Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO), which serve as an extension to the procurement department by leveraging the knowledge and expertise of other member institutions to provide savings that we may not be able to achieve on your own. Typically a GPO would handle the entire RFP process for us, including everything from research and RFP development to contract management. This means that the College staff is free to focus on the more important functions that help advance the institution’s mission and strategies, while also realizing considerable time savings and cost avoidance.
The College belongs to the following GPOs:
- PA State
Please contact purchasing staff to inquire about specific suppliers and pricing.
Other professional organizations that may serve as a resources for procurement research are listed below.
- National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP)
- Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council (SPLC)
- National Association of State Procurement Officers (NASPO)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers (EACUBO)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)