Group Purchasing Organizations
Swarthmore College is a member of several Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO), which serve as an extension to the procurement department by leveraging the knowledge and expertise of other member institutions to provide savings that we may not be able to achieve on your own. Typically a GPO would handle the entire RFP process for us, including everything from research and RFP development to contract management. This means that the College staff is free to focus on the more important functions that help advance the institution’s mission and strategies, while also realizing considerable time savings and cost avoidance.
The College belongs to the following GPOs:
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- National Association of State Procurement Officers (NASPO)
- E & I Cooperative Services (E&I)
- The Philadelphia Area Collegiate Consortium (PACC)
- National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA)
- National IPA / TCPN
- US Communities
To gain a better understanding of how purchasing cooperatives work, view the brief but thorough E&I video below.