Frequently used purchasing forms include the following:
- Change Order Request for Non-Catalog Orders is a means to modify information on a previously dispatched non-catalog purchase order. Non-catalog change orders require purchasing staff involvement to assure the commitments and other accounting information are accurately changed.
There is a 10% allowable tolerance for the total invoiced payment amount to be greater than the total purchase order amount without requiring a change order. This variance allows for items such as shipping charges and small incidental fees that may not have been anticipated when the PO was originally created. Above these thresholds, however, a change order is required to increase the value of the original PO.
- Change Request: PCard Credit or Transaction Limit form is completed by an existing PCard holder after having a discussion with their divisional vice president about requesting a permanent or temporary change to their credit or transaction limit. This completed form will be emailed to the appropriate divisional VP for authorization before any changes will be made. Additionally, employees taking a leave of absence may use this form to temporarily decrease their credit limit for the interim.
- Commitment Liquidation Request should be used to request appropriate adjustments be made to release or update the open commitment if any of the following conditions exist:
- Order was received in full and paid, but invoice amount was less than original PO (price changed)
- Order was paid directly without liquidating the PO
- Order was canceled
A commitment is a budget encumbrance that is outstanding (still open), regardless of whether or not you have received the goods or services you originally ordered. Commitments are created when items are purchased through the College’s eMarket Portal. Committed funds are no longer available for use because they are set aside for payment of goods or services already ordered.
Departments should Review Open Commitments in mySwarthmore for their budgets on a monthly basis.
- eMarket Portal Registration
Allow up to one week for completion of the set-up process.
Check Purchasing Authority and Access. Financial Managers have purchasing authority and are enabled to delegate purchasing access to other Banner users, if appropriate. Using mySwarthmore, check to see if you have have purchasing authority or access to the FOAPAL account needed. Instructions are provided in Purchasing Authority and Access [pdf]. eMarket Portal roles include:
To purchase directly, the user is required to have either purchasing authority or access in order to enter the FOAPAL string on the order. However, the transfer cart option is available to users to shop, which includes a workflow so the transaction will transfer to the individual with the purchasing authority or access.
- Single/Soul Source Justification form is completed when a purchase is planned, using a single or sole source without open competition when the purchase is $10,000 or above. Single/Sole Source Justifications are not to be utilized to circumvent normal purchasing procedure. They are to be used only as an exception when all attempts to pursue competitive purchasing practices have failed. Acceptance of this request will be at the discretion of the purchasing office.