Frequently used purchasing forms include the following:
- Change Request: PCard Credit or Transaction Limit form is completed by an existing PCard holder after having a discussion with their divisional vice president about requesting a permanent or temporary change to their credit or transaction limit. This completed form will be emailed to the appropriate divisional VP for authorization before any changes will be made. Additionally, employees taking a leave of absence may use this form to temporarily decrease their credit limit for the interim.
- Commitment Liquidation Request should be used to request appropriate adjustments be made to release or update the open commitment if any of the following conditions exist:
- Order was received in full and paid, but invoice amount was less than original PO (price changed)
- Order was paid directly without liquidating the PO
- Order was canceled
A commitment is a budget encumbrance that is outstanding (still open), regardless of whether or not you have received the goods or services you originally ordered. Commitments are created when items are purchased through the College’s eMarket Portal. Committed funds are no longer available for use because they are set aside for payment of goods or services already ordered.
Departments should Review Open Commitments [pdf] in mySwarthmore for their budgets on a monthly basis.
- eMarket Portal Registration
Allow up to one week for completion of the set-up process.
- Financial Managers have purchasing authority and are enabled to delegate purchasing access to other Banner users, if appropriate. Using mySwarthmore, check to see if you have have purchasing authority or access to the FOAPAL account needed. Instructions are provided in Purchasing Authority and Access [pdf]. eMarket Portal roles include:
- To purchase directly, the user is required to have either purchasing authority or access in order to enter the FOAPAL string on the order.
- The transfer cart option is available to users to shop, which includes a workflow so the transaction will transfer to the individual with the purchasing authority or access.
- Use the eMarket Portal Registration form to register as a purchaser or user.
- After the set-up process is completed, you will receive an email from the Portal that the application process is completed. Direct questions to Pat Hearty.
- Log-on using the eMarket Portal link and single sign-on.