The Budget Office works to ensure the College’s fiscal sustainability through the equitable allocation of resources visible through the Operating Budget. We provide timely reporting of financial performance to the College’s senior leadership and serve the College community as a resource regarding the Operating Budget and the annual budget process.
The Department's major responsibilities are:
- Coordinate and compile the College's annual operating budget in accordance with established guidelines
- Review departmental budgets submitted through the College's web-based budget portal, mySwarthmore, for accuracy and completeness
- Advise College leadership regarding resource allocation, financial results, and trends in higher education
- Work with the Division of Facilities in the development of the College's Capital Plan
- Communicate budgetary issues to the Swarthmore Community