As a central resource, the purchasing office serves the College community by developing purchasing policies and procedures, providing tools to enable the best value purchase of goods and services, and assuring that College purchasing complies with applicable federal and industry standards. The College’s purchasing is decentralized in that individual faculty and staff across campus determine business needs and make purchasing decisions on a daily basis. As such, each member of the College community that participates in the buying process accepts a responsibility as a steward of the College's financial resources and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.
For Our College Community
Learn more about Swarthmore College
- Purchasing policy overview discussion meetings were held in Kohlberg hall this past November. The slide deck [pdf] is available to faculty and staff as a reference.
- Newly scheduled PCard training dates are listed below. All sessions will be held at 101 S. Chester Rd., Conference Room 002. Please contact Pat Hearty to register.
- Thursday, February 14, 2:00 to 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 13, 10:00 to 11:30 am
- Thursday, April 11, 2:30 to 4:00 pm
- Commitments. Community members are encouraged to periodically Review Open Commitments [pdf] to determine whether the expense should be liquidated or not.
What's New in the Purchasing Office?
Purchasing Resources is a shared Google AODocs folder for faculty and staff. The folder is filled with helpful purchasing information and can be found in your AODocs library, which will show up under the "My Drive" section.