August 3, 2018
- The NEW eMarket Portal User Interface (UI) will be live on August 10, 2018 (end of day). The UI update is user friendly and includes the same functionality as the previous UI, but has a much more modern appearance. Please see the NEW UI Instructions [pdf] for reference.
- The purchasing office has a considerable amount of new drafted policy in the works. We welcome feedback from community members. Please contact Cindy Urick if you have any comments or feed back on errors/omissions.
- The new Purchasing Policy is in draft format and is available for your review throughout the calendar year 2018. This policy will be effective January 1, 2019.
- The new Uniform Guidance Procurement Procedures are available for your review. Note this procedure is currently effective and there will be a training session scheduled this fall semester for individuals that utilize Federal funds.
- The College has a new Small Business / Diverse Supplier Procedure and we welcome your comments or suggestions regarding content. The purchasing office is available to assist any community member that wishes to utilize certified small businesses or diverse suppliers in their competitive bidding process.
June 27, 2018
Fiscal Year-End Commitments. Employees should Review Open Commitments [pdf] to determine whether they should be liquidated or not. Note that commitments will roll into FY19 on August 3 without funding. If any community member wishes to close a PO that has already been paid, use the Commitment Liquidation Request Form.
Amazon Smile. Amazon allows Swarthmore College employees to donate 0.05% of purchases back to the College through Amazon Smile. In order to participate, employees must log-in through this website to place orders: https://smile.amazon.com/
Sustainable Printing Policy. The President's Sustainability Research Fellow (PSRF) purchasing project this year was to research printing practices at the College, collaborate with stakeholders, and develop a Sustainable Printing Policy [pdf]. Check the Sustainable Purchasing website for more information.
HP Toner Cartridges. New pricing on HP toner cartridges from Office Basics has been negotiated and a recycling program has been established. To access the new pricing and recycling process, check out the Office Basics Toner Instructions.
March 1, 2018
Office Basics orders must be made through the eMarket Portal punch-out catalog, which will now be integrated with Banner, consistent with all other punch-out catalogs. Purchasing authority/access, GL coding, and approval routing will be the same with Office Basics as other punch-out catalog orders. Invoices will be created for each PO and will be sent to Barb Turner along with the names of employees that signed for the receipt of packages, so invoice will be paid. Pat Hearty will be available to assist Community members with eMarket Portal access or tech support
Employees are welcomed to contact Office Basic’s Customer Service Representative, Donna Jackman, for product questions or advice; however orders must be made through the eMarket Portal.