Library Resources for Students
- Get started with your research
- Use class materials on reserve
To find out what materials on reserve are available for your class, search for your course in Tripod:
Use the search bar drop down menu and select Course Reserves Search by:
- Course name (for example: Environmental Economics)
- Course code (for example: ARTH 149 - skip the initial zero if there is one!)
Refine your search further using the facets on the left to select:
- Department (example: search for China, then limit to Swarthmore History Department)
- Professor name (example, search for German, then limit to Prof. Sunka Simon)
Learn more about affordable textbooks at Swarthmore.
- Find a study space
Looking for a quiet spot to study alone?
- Try the Lower Level of McCabe or one of the green pods on Level Two.
- Cornell has quiet spaces on Level 2.
Want to be alone, but need to practice a presentation or be able to talk without disturbing others?
- Use the Video Conference Room in McCabe (307, reservable on Swat Central)
- Rooms on the Lower floor of Underhill: 105, 106 and 107.
Need a place to study in a group? Try:
- McCabe 2nd and 3rd Floor Lounges.
- McCabe group study rooms (some reservable on Swat Central)
- Cornell 1st Floor group studies and the Seminar Room (reservable on Swat Central)
- Underhill Crum Lounge and the Seminar Room.
- Unwind with resources brought to you by the libraries
- Find quick access to popular newspapers, streaming film and music
- Stop by McCabe for free snacks, coffee and tea each weeknight at 8:30
- Watch Netflix, movies and TV in the McCabe Family Viewing Room on Level 3 (reservable in Swat Central)
- Find puzzles and games in every library
- Explore bestsellers and popular magazines in the McCabe popular reading room
- Browse the Comics collection on McCabe Level 2.
- See this guide for more unwinding ideas, including tips for using the local public library system