Library Resources for Students
information on Library Services for Students, spring 2020
- Get Class Materials: Reserves
Many professors set books + films aside for your classes at the Reserves Desk for fair and equitable use by all class members.
You can search for your course in Tripod to see if what you need is available:
Select Course Reserves from the drop down menu and search by:
- Keyword: (for example: biology)
- Course Department (for example: Swarthmore Biology)
- Course Name or Code (for example: BIOL 1 - skip the initial zero if there is one!)
- Course instructor (for example: Vollmer Amy)
Or begin with any of those options and use the facets at the lower left to refine your search!
- Get started with your research
- Explore a Topic
Browse for books, movies, newspapers, archives, articles, specialized encyclopedias + inspiration. Not sure where to start?
- Try Research Guides
- Librarians and Research + Information Associates (RIAs) have answers!
- Some example questions:
- Do we have access to the New York Times or the Economist?
- What's the best way to find books and articles about Italian Renaissance art?
- Some example questions:
- Find a study space
What kind of space do you need?
- An individual space?
- A group study space?
- A quiet space?
- A space where you can talk?
- Discover something new
- Listen to a story with Overdrive Audiobooks (+ebooks)
- Watch a film through one of the streaming subscriptions brought to you by the Libraries
- Practice a new language with Mango Languages
- Pick up a novel or browse through a popular magazine in the McCabe Popular Reading Room
- Stream music using the Naxos Music Library (or Naxos Jazz, or Naxos World Music!)
- Browse News + Magazines online with PressReader
- Unwind at the libraries
- Find quick access to popular newspapers, streaming film and music
- Stop by McCabe for free snacks, coffee and tea each weeknight at 8:30
- Watch Netflix, movies and TV in the McCabe Family Viewing Room on Level 3 (reservable in Swat Central)
- Find puzzles and games in every library
- Explore bestsellers and popular magazines in the McCabe popular reading room
- Browse the Comics collection on McCabe Level 2.
- See this guide for more unwinding ideas, including tips for using the local public library system
- Need something?
In addition to borrowing electronics, you may ask for fresh white board pens, erasers and even Band-aids at the Libraries. If there is something missing that you think we should have, mention it to Library staff or jot it down in the Student Comment Book at the desk in McCabe.