SwatTalks is an Alumni Council initiative to engage the broader Swarthmore community in free, virtual seminars featuring professors, students, and alumni excelling in their fields and sharing their knowledge and experience. Each seminar lasts one hour and is available to Swarthmore alumni and current parents around the world through ZOOM webinar technology. SwatTalks sessions will be recorded as permitted by the presenters.
Spring 2020 SwatTalks Series
All SwatTalks will run from 9–10 p.m. (Eastern time)
- Wednesday, Jan. 8: Davia Temin '74, president & CEO of Temin & Company, Inc.
- "Crisis Management 101"
- Wednesday, Feb. 19: Mara Hvistendahl '02, writer
- "Economic Espionage: A New National Security Threat?"
- Tuesday, Mar. 10: Ayse Kaya, associate professor of political science & program coordinator for global studies
- "Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank: What It Means for US-Led Economic Multilateralism"
- Wednesday, Apr. 22: Amy Vollmer, professor of biology
- "The Gut Microbiome: How the Host and Microbal Communities Influence Each Other"
- Wednesday, May 6: Tim Harrison '87, senior policy advisor for Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy, US Dept. of Health and Human Services
- "An Unconventional Professional Journey: Marrying Personal Loss and Professional Vocation"
Each SwatTalk will have a unique registration (see above) and reminders about upcoming talks will be sent one week prior. After registering for a SwatTalk, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Questions & Speaker Recommendations
If you have a disability and would like to request specific accommodations or other assistance to participate SwatTalks, please contact us in advance at email@example.com or 610-328-8009. If webinars are permitted to be recorded, they will be made available on the SwatTalks recordings page at a later time.
For questions, please email Senior Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement Lisa Shafer: firstname.lastname@example.org. To suggest a future panelist, please use our recommendation form. If you have any technical difficulties with Zoom, please contact email@example.com.