Lifelong Learning at Swarthmore
Message from the Director
Gil Rose, Lippincott Professor Emeritus of Modern and Classical Languages
"This spring is my final semester as director of Lifelong Learning at Swarthmore. It was 2002 when a few of us Swarthmore professors launched it on the campus. Later we brought it to New York City and Boston..." More.
- Small, seminar-style classes offered in Center City Philadelphia, the Swarthmore campus, Boston, and New York City,
- Courses taught by senior or emeriti faculty members of Swarthmore College
- Courses offered in each of the divisions of the College: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences/engineering
- No grades, no academic credit, just learning for learning's sake
- Open to alumni, their adult family members, and friends. The on-campus and Center City programs also welcome Swarthmore College staff and residents of the greater Philadelphia area.
- Classes meet once a week for two and a half hours.
- Classes meet for eight weeks.
- Enrollment is limited, and classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Questions? Contact Lifelong Learning at 610-328-8696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.