Writing Associates Program
The Writing Associates Program at Swarthmore College has been helping students become better writers for over 25 years. Our goals are:
- To work with student writers at all stages of the writing process and in all disciplines.
- To provide feedback and strategies designed to help student writers with the larger questions of structure, organization, style, and argument as well as the smaller issues of sentence clarity and grammar.
- To talk with student writers about their writing and thinking processes in order to develop the analytical skills, stylistic know-how, and confidence necessary for successful college writing.
- To provide student writers with strategies that they can apply to their own writing and revision process.
- To develop in our WAs skills and the ethical intelligence necessary to function as citizen teachers after leaving the college.
We pursue these goals in a variety of ways:
- The Course WA Program
- The Writing Center
- The Speaking Associates (SPA) Program
- The Writing Associates Mentorship (WAM) Program
- Campus Outreach
- Community Outreach
If you have a comment or question about the WA Program please email us.