Borrowing Beyond Trico
The first time you use these services, you will need to create new patron accounts. Once the accounts are created, you won't need to do this again:
- Create an E-Z Borrow account using the 14 digit number on the back of your One Card
- Create an Interlibrary Loan and Article request account using your Swarthmore credentials
Directly request books from regional academic libraries, and have them delivered in 2 to 5 days.
Request books (and more) not available in Tripod or E-ZBorrow, and have them delivered in 2 to 14 days.
Request journal articles not available in Tripod, and find them in your email in 1 to 10 days.
- Frequently asked questions
who is eligible to borrow beyond trico?
Actively enrolled students, faculty (including emeriti) and staff
is there a limit to the number of requests i may make?
There is no limit, but since it may not be possible to process multiple requests in the same day, please prioritize them in order of need.
may i renew?
- E-Z Borrow items may not be renewed.
- ILL loan renewals depend on policies at the lending library. Contact ILL with questions about renewability.
are there things that may not be borrowed?
The following (non-exhaustive) list includes things that are likely not able to be borrowed:
- current textbooks
- reference books
- rare books
- works of art
- vinyl LPs
- valuable items
- fragile items
- pre-publications items