Borrowing Beyond Trico
EZBorrow service has been suspended.
Many libraries, including Swarthmore, have also suspended filling InterLibrary loan requests for physical items.
Contact emailILL@swarthmore.edu with any questions about outstanding materials. Please do not return E-ZB or ILL materials to the library until further notice. At this time, fees and fines related to E-ZB and ILL materials are waived.
The first time you use these services, you will need to create new patron accounts. Once the accounts are created, you won't need to do this again:
- Create an E-Z Borrow account using the 14 digit number on the back of your One Card
- Create an Interlibrary Loan and Article request account using your Swarthmore credentials
Directly request books from regional academic libraries, and have them delivered in 2 to 5 days.
Request journal articles not available in Tripod, and find them in your email in 1 to 10 days.
Request books (and more) not available in Tripod or E-ZBorrow, and have them delivered in 2 to 14 days.
Frequently Asked questions:
- Who is eligible to borrow beyond Trico?
Actively enrolled students, faculty (including emerita) and staff
- Is there a limit to the number of requests I may make?
There is no limit, but since it may not be possible to process multiple requests in the same day, please prioritize them in order of need.
- May I renew?
- E-Z Borrow items may not be renewed
- ILL loan renewals depend on policies at the lending library. Contact ILL with questions about renewability
- Is anything off limits?
Probably! Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of things that will probably not be lent:
- current textbooks
- reference books
- rare books
- works of art
- vinyl LPs
- valuable items
- fragile items
- pre-publications items