Borrowing Beyond Trico
The first time you use these services, you will need to create new patron accounts. Once the accounts are created, you won't need to do this again:
- Create an E-Z Borrow account using the 14 digit number on the back of your One Card
- Create an Interlibrary Loan and Article request account using your Swarthmore credentials
Directly request books from regional academic libraries, and have them delivered in 2 to 5 days.
Request books (and more) not available in Tripod or E-ZBorrow, and have them delivered in 2 to 14 days.
Request journal articles not available in Tripod, and find them in your email in 1 to 10 days.
Frequently Asked questions:
- Who is eligible to borrow beyond Trico?
Actively enrolled students, faculty (including emerita) and staff
- Is there a limit to the number of requests I may make?
There is no limit, but since it may not be possible to process multiple requests in the same day, please prioritize them in order of need.
- May I renew?
- E-Z Borrow items may not be renewed
- ILL loan renewals depend on policies at the lending library. Contact ILL with questions about renewability
- Is anything off limits?
Probably! Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of things that will probably not be lent:
- current textbooks
- reference books
- rare books
- works of art
- vinyl LPs
- valuable items
- fragile items
- pre-publications items