Borrow + Request
Sign in to your Library Account in Tripod to view due dates and to renew.
- Who may borrow?
In addition to Swarthmore College students, faculty and staff, the Libraries are open to the public. Anyone may visit in person to view our collections and exhibits, and access most online resources from public computers.
Alumni have borrowing privileges at the libraries when they are in the area as well as access to some online resources. Learn more about alumni borrowing privileges.
Visitors may borrow materials after applying for a courtesy card at McCabe Library. Current, valid identification and proof of residency will be required.
- Your Library Account
Sign in to Tripod using your College credentials to view your Library account. Alumni and Guests should use the correct portal and follow the prompts to sign in. Signing in to your account enables the ability to:
- View your loans and requests
- Save searches and view search history
- Keep lists of favorites
- Enrolled students, faculty, staff + alumni may request items from Bryn Mawr and Haverford
- Enrolled students, faculty + staff may Borrow Beyond Trico and request items via E-Z Borrow and Interlibrary Loan
- How long may I keep it?
- How do I renew?
The easiest way is online. Login to your Tripod account, go to Your Loans, and renew.
If you've received a Courtesy Notice from Tripod, you may forward it with your comments, questions, or renewal requests to circ.swarthmore.edu. (Do not reply to the Courtesy Notice, which is sent from a "noreply" account.)
You may renew items in-person at any circulation desk or phone the branches at the numbers, below:
- How do I request items from Bryn Mawr and Haverford?
Request items from Bryn Mawr and Haverford via Tripod. Delivery is often the next day, and you will be notified when the item has arrived. Alumni may request items by contacting the Circulation Desk.
Community members with borrowing privileges may borrow books and videos from only McCabe, Cornell and Underhill Libraries.
- Should I request (recall) something already checked out by someone else?
Before recalling try E-Z Borrow! You will probably receive what you want more quickly. Note: this service will be unavailable during the Winter Holiday Break when the Libraries are closed.
If you recall a checked out item, the borrower will have 5 days to make the return and E-Z Borrow is often faster!
If a recall seems best, you will be notified when the item is ready for pick-up.
- What if what I need is not available in Tripod?
Note: these services will not be available during Winter Holiday Break when the Libraries are closed.
- Request books from regional academic libraries via E-Z Borrow
- Request books and other returnables not available in E-Z Borrow, or request journal articles and book chapters via Interlibrary Loan.
- If you think the book you need should be acquired for our collections, fill in and submit the Suggest a Purchase form!
Find more information at Borrowing Beyond Trico or contact the Interlibrary Loan Department via email or phone: 610-328-8491
- What about returns?
Materials may be returned at any Circulation Desk or through the after hours slots outside. Reserves materials must be returned to the library from where they were borrowed.
- What happens if I've kept it too long?
You may risk losing your library privileges and may also be responsible for replacement costs and processing fees for lost and damaged items.