Who May Borrow?
One card eligible
Visit the One Card Office in Parrish Hall to obtain a photo ID, then go to McCabe Library to register your card.
- Family Members of Swarthmore College Faculty and Staff
- Pendle Hill Residents
- ABC House Staff
Who May Borrow for Free
The following may borrow materials after applying for a courtesy card at the McCabe Library circulation desk. Current, valid identification and proof of employment will be required.
- Teachers in the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District
- Teachers in any Friends School
- Students at Strath Haven High School (with a registration card signed by the SHHS Librarian)
- Employees of the Swarthmore and Wallingford Public Libraries
- University of Pennsylvania faculty (with signed letter from Librarian or Provost)
- Members of the Pennsylvania Academic Libraries Consortium, Inc. (PALCI) (with completed Reciprocal On-Site Borrowing Authorization Form)
Who may borrow for an annual $20 fee
The following may borrow materials after applying for a courtesy card at the McCabe Library circulation desk. Current, valid identification and proof of residency/employment will be required.
- Residents of the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District
- $10 for senior citizens
- Teachers at Public Schools in Chester, Delaware or Philadelphia County
- Faculty of other colleges and universities in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey or Pennsylvania (with letter from Provost)
- Graduate students of other colleges and universities in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey or Pennsylvania (with schedule or tuition statement)
Non-local, visiting scholars may borrow for an annual $100 fee.
What Can Be Borrowed?
visitors May Borrow
- Books (not including course reserves, reference titles, items in the McCabe popular reading room and other non-circulating titles)
- Videos, DVDs, and CDs
Access to electronic resources + databases
- Visitors may access online databases and other e-resources while on campus using a public computer or via Swat Guest credentials on a personal device. Vendor licensing agreements prevent off-campus access to electronic resources.
visitors may not borrow
- Journals and Magazines
- Items from Bryn Mawr or Haverford College
- Visitors are not eligible to recall items or place requests through Interlibrary Loan and EZ Borrow
See our Visiting the Libraries page for hours, directions, and more.