Information Technology Associate - ITSA
Fall 2019 application period is now open - ends on April 27th.
Are you interested in technology and helping people? Are you a talented troubleshooter and an empathetic listener? Do you have the ability to break things down into clear, simple steps, and/or explain technical things in everyday language? If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be a good candidate for the ITSA position. ITSAs work with the ITS Help Desk team to assist people across campus (faculty, staff, and students) with technology related questions, problems, and issues. We look for people who enjoy working with technology, learning about technology, and helping others solve problems. Students wishing to work as an ITSA during the school year MUST be able to return to school early, for August training. Training takes place two weeks before the start of Fall classes, and runs Monday - Friday. During August training, housing and meals are provided by ITS.
Benefits - what you will gain:
- Develop skills that are highly valued in the job market: technical support, customer service, problem solving, and team work
- Work in a fun, active, and supportive team environment
- Contribute your ideas and creative skills to improving IT services for students, faculty, and staff at the College
- Answer questions and troubleshoot technical problems (including, but not limited to, phones, printers, software, hardware, web applications, networking, and logging into Swarthmore services) in-person, on the phone, and by e-mail
- Research and document problem solutions
- Setup phones, computers, printers, and other computer-related equipment
- Participate in creative projects to promote ITS (chance to utilize/expand artistic, graphic, video, and design skills)
- Expand technical and problem-solving skills through mentoring and on-the-job training
- Know and relay ITS policies & procedures, and information available on the ITS website and online Knowledge Base
What we look for in a candidate – and what will help you to be successful in the position:
- Good interpersonal skills and the desire to deliver excellent service as a representative of ITS
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Empathetic understanding of people and tech related challenges
- Strong interest in technology and a desire to learn new skills
- Basic understanding of Mac and Windows operating systems, handheld devices (iOS and Android), and associated software - Linux is a plus
- Ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Available to work 6-10 hours per week: a couple shifts will be during day around class schedule (Mon-Fri, 8:45-4:30pm), plus at night, and/or on weekends
- Added plus – able to speak a second language, in addition to English (this is not required, but can sometimes be helpful when providing phone support)
Apply on JobX - position is IT Associate.