Who May Borrow?
Swarthmore College Libraries are open to the public. Anyone may visit in person to view our collections and exhibits and access most online resources from public computers.
The following community members may borrow materials after applying for a courtesy card at McCabe Library. Current, valid identification and proof of residency will be required.
Who may borrow for free:
Family members of Swarthmore College faculty and staff
Swarthmore College Alumni
- Teachers in the Wallingford Swarthmore School District or any Friends School
- Students at Strath Haven High School (with registration card signed by the SHHS Librarian)
- ABC House staff
- Employees of the Swarthmore and Wallingford Public Libraries
- Residents of Pendle Hill
Faculty of the following institutions:
- The University of Pennsylvania
- Members of the Pennsylvania Academic Libraries Consortium, Inc.
Who may borrow for an annual $20 fee
Residents in the Wallingford Swarthmore School District, $10 for senior citizens
Teachers at Public Schools in Chester, Delaware or Philadelphia County
Faculty and students of other colleges and universities in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey or Pennsylvania
Non-local, visiting scholars may borrow for $100 annually.