Set-up Course Reserves
How to place items on reserve for your course:
Items in Tripod:
- McCabe: email firstname.lastname@example.org with reserves requests.
- Cornell: email Science Librarian Andrea Baruzzi
- Underhill: email Performing Arts Librarian Donna Fournier
- the course number and semester
- citation information including a specific edition if that edition is critical (you may link to the Tripod record.)
- Call numbers are helpful, but optional
Items not (yet!) in Tripod:
- Use the Suggest a Purchase form and indicate the request is needed for Reserves
- We will consider acquiring multiple copies if course enrollment is high.
- We will purchase a print copy of ebooks placed on reserve
- DVD format is the default for film purchases unless preference for Blu-Ray is indicated
The Libraries are fully committed to supporting College's legal obligation to provide course materials that are accessible to all.
- Please use library licensed online journal subscriptions whenever possible. Librarians will help provide stable URLs, which may be linked directly on your course page.
- Copyrighted materials must be password protected and must display a copyright warning on the first page
- If a course reading is available as an ebook, we will link it in the course reserve list in Tripod
- If the film distributor grants permission for streaming, the Library will process requests to stream a film we already own on DVD for reserves
- Streaming takes time! Please allow two weeks for your request to be processed
Email lists of recordings for reserves to Donna Fournier, Music & Dance Librarian (dfourni1, x8231). Underhill Library provides digitization services for audio course reserves upon request. These files, accessible through Moodle, can be made available within three days of the request.
Honors reserve materials are active during the semester the seminar is taught and during the honors exam review period, from April 1 through the end of honors exams. Active honors reserves have more limited loan periods. See the How Long May I Keep It? section of the Borrowing page.
Selected honors exams are available to review here.
The Reserves List Archive is a record of what has been placed on reserve for a previously taught course. The Archive includes:
- General reserves at McCabe since Fall 2008
- Cornell Library reserves since Fall 2012
Please contact our reserves staff for more information about lists from previous semesters or from Underhill Music & Dance Library.
The library is committed to fair use guidelines and copyright compliance. Librarians may provide information about copyright, (such as access to standard forms of inquiry for publishers and help to locate rights holders) but do not seek or provide copyright permissions, which is the responsibility of the person wishing to gain permission. See this page for more information.
For additional information, please contact:
McCabe: Alison Masterpasqua, amaster1 or x8478
Cornell: Andrea Baruzzi, abaruzz1, x7685
Underhill: Donna Fournier, dfourni1, x8231